Animal control has been making regular sweeps throughout the neighborhood and impounding any stray dogs.Â If you own a dog, per Dallas code, the dogs should not be allowed to roam free.Â A lot of the dogs that the city has picked up are domestic dogs and have owners.Â At night, if they are unsecured, they do what their instincts tell them to do:Â they find other dogs, run in a pack, and kill cats for sport.Â If the city impounds them and their owners claim them, the owners are fined and a chip is placed on the dog.
Until the situation clears up, do not allow your cats to roam freely, especially at night.Â If you see any stray dogs, call 311 immediately.Â They are instructed to call animal control.
Old East Dallas Early Childhood PTA
Do you have preschool age children or grandchildren? Are you a new parent or expecting your first baby soon?Â Meet other neighborhood parents with young children by joining the Old East Dallas Early Childhood PTA.Â The OEDECPTA encourages friendships among families and provides support to Lipscomb Elementary School .
The first General Meeting of the school year is being held September 23 at 7pm in the Lipscomb Elementary Auditorium. There is an exciting guest speaker – â€˜Coach Pattyâ€™ of Play Wisely. Check out the ECPTAâ€™s yahoo group to see what theyâ€™re all about and download a Membership Form, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OEDECPTA/ !
Crime Alerts for Junius Heights
- A house in the 5600 block of Worth was broken into on Thursday, August, 27 and items were stolen.
- A house in the 6300 block of Reiger was broken into on Wednesday, August 26.Â An unidentified suspect(s) used a power drill on the side window to gain entry.
Offences involving vehicles
- An unidentified suspect threw an object at a vehicle causing damage in the 5900 block of Columbia on Thursday, August 27
- A passenger-side window was broken in a vehicle parked in the 5900 block of Victor on Tuesday, August 25.
- A vehicleâ€™s driverâ€™s side window was broken in the 4800 block of Junius and items were stolen on Tuesday, August 25.
- An unidentified suspect attempted to remove and steal items from a vehicle parked in the 800 block of Nesbitt on Monday, August 24.
- A rear window was broken in a vehicle parked in the 1600 block of Abrams Road on Friday, August 21.
- A window was broken in a house in the 700 block of Skillman by an unidentified suspect on Tuesday, August 25.
Volunteer Patrol Training
The Dallas Police Central Division will be holding a Volunteers in Patrol Class on Saturday, September 19 from 9 am to 3 pm.Â This class will include a tour of the City of Dallas 911 facility.Â There will be a guest speaker who will discuss crime prevention ofn the Katy Trail .Â This course will be held at 3535 Travis Suite No. 100.
Space is limited so Email your Volunteer Application and Volunteer Waiver early to reserve your space.
You may also fax applications/waivers to 214-670-4031 C/O Sr. Cpl. Comstra