Junius Heights was created in the 1906 on what was then the Eastern edge of Dallas. The neighborhood was developed by C.H. Munger. Described as the greatest lot sale in the history of Dallas, two hundred lots were reportedly sold between 12:01 A.M. and 12:45 A.M. on September 3, 1906. Advertisements of the day promised that Junius Heights would become the choicest residential section of Dallas. The neighborhood was well known by its large columns on Abrams and was served by the Junius Heights streetcar line until streetcar service was discontinued.
Junius Heights has an active neighborhood association that obtained historic designation in May 2005, making it Dallas’ newest and largest historic district. It is the largest collection of Arts and Crafts/Craftsman homes in the southwest, and includes Prairie and Tudor styles in a neighborhood of well over 800 homes in Old East Dallas, situated east of Munger Place, south of Swiss Avenue and southwest of Lakewood.